Hydro Power Plants
Rakurs is a leader on the Russian hydro power plant automation system market. Rakurs offers end-to-end HPP power generation and distribution process automation. It includes facility survey, design, software engineering, manufacturing and assembly, installation and commissioning, training, warranty and aftersales service.
Rakurs HPP CAPCS Competitive Edge:
- HPP process automation scope:
plant-level power generation, distribution and consumption systems
- HPP basic facilities
- auxiliary subsystems.
- Extensive experience in HPP CAPCS implementation at many hydro power plants in Russia and other countries:
- Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP
- Mainsk HPP
- Krasnoyarsk HPP
- Zeyskaya HPP
- Zagorskaya PSPP
- Sangtuda HPP
- Novosibirsk HPP
- Baksanskaya HPP
- Balimela HPP (India)
- Se San 3 HPP (Vietnam)
- Zaramagskaya HPP
- Krivoporozhskaya HPP
- Sheksninskaya HPP
- Tolmachevskaya HPP
- Vuoksinskaya HPP
- Gissarak HPP (Uzbekistan)
- Volkhov HPP
- Shikapa HPP (Angola)
- Kapanda HPP (Angola), etc.
A Comprehensive HPP CAPCS from Rakurs can perform:
- We are an official engineering partner of many global leading instrumentation component manufacturers (Valmet, Siemens, Omron, Schneider Electric). This fact emphasizes our in-depth hardware and software knowledge, and competence.
- We also deliver complete local systems: you do not have to buy the entire solution
- Proprietary software enables system-to-system interaction with international standard protocols, and the operation of higher level SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition)
- Remote maintenance available. We use conventional Internet connections. For safety data are encrypted and a dedicated VPN server is used.
- The HPP CAPCS hardware and software have an open architecture. The software from Rakurs is compliant with IEC 63111-3 international standard that facilitates integration with equipment from other vendors.
- For efficient and high quality engineering we have introduced ISO 9001:2008 international quality standards. In 2006 the company was awarded the Russian Government’s Excellent Quality Award.
Process variable monitoring including temperature and vibrations
- Accident detection
- Alarm control and escalation
- Electric power generation and consumption metering
- Flexible online and history data processing and visualization
- Data logging and reporting
- Data exchange with a top level control system
Hydroelectric set process instrumentation
- Collective active and reactive power control
- Optimal generator pool control
- Generator excitation control
- Automated water gate control
- Flow control
- Emergency control and alarm handling.
The HPP CAPCS architecture is a two-tier distributed system. There are “plant-level” (top) and “equipment” (bottom) control levels. They are a perfect match of advanced programmable logic controllers (PLC), computers, and network devices.
The Plant Control Level (Top) Includes:
- Collective HPP power control
- Generator pool control
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
The Equipment (Bottom) Control Level Includes:
- Hydroelectric set control system
- Electrical equipment control system
- Intake channel control system
The Plant Control Level (Top) Provides:
- automated process variable maintenance to fully utilize the water flow energy and HPP power.
- Process and equipment status information is communicated to the personnel to maintain the specified process parameters.
- Remove equipment control (Startup, shutdown, changing modes, active and reactive power control).
- Primary circuit switch, breaker, alarm, auxiliary power main and busbar switch status monitoring.
- Operational and technological communication between the HPP CAPCS software and hardware complexes.
The Equipment Control Level (Bottom) Provides:
- safe operation of the primary and secondary hydroelectric sets.
- Equipment monitoring and fault protection.
- Hydroelectric set and power generation control with low manual input.
- Compliance with industry regulations in terms of primary and secondary frequency control.